Scouting does not have to only exist with in person events. If you find yourself not being able to attend scout meetings in person then please take advantage of the resources that leaders within Troop 2319 have put together to help you continue your scouting journey.
Tips and Tricks for Virtual Scouting
- Conduct virtual Patrol Leaders Council meetings via teleconference or web video conferencing. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting.
- Encourage Patrol Leaders to communicate digitally with their patrol members.
- Conduct online merit badge counselor meetings using web video conferencing tools such as Google Hangouts, Zoom, Skype, FreeConference or Facebook. Ensure to maintain two-deep leadership throughout the virtual meeting. Note completing a worksheet and emailing it does not constitute a “virtual discussion”, rather use interactive video or phone conversations.
- Scouting Realms Game
Merit Badge Classes
- Family Life
- Citizenship in the Nation
- Soil & Water Conservation
- American Culture
- Pet Care
- Reptile and Amphibian Study
- Environmental Science
- Scout Rank – In Progress!
- Tenderfoot – Coming Soon!
Other Scout Skills
Check out some of the other scout skills you can work on and learn, right from your own home!
Other Scouting Online Resources
- Atlanta Area Council – Scouting @ Home Resource Hub
- Virtual Boards of Review Information
- 58 Merit Badges you can complete at home!
- Aquatics Merit Badges – For More Info & Registration Click Here!
- Every weekend starting June 27, Allatoona Aquatics Base in Woodstock, will be offering aquatics Merit Badges and activities for Scouts BSA.
- Nine total courses are available now with more to come. Popular programs include:
- Stand Up Paddle boarding